Renewal of registration.-
(1) The registration of a trade mark may be renewal at the request of
the proprietor subject to payment of such renewal fee as may be
(2) The Registrar shall inform the proprietor of a
registered trade mark, before the expiry of the registration, of the
date of expiry and the manner in which the registration may be renewal
as may be prescribed.
(3) A request for renewal shall be made, along with
the renewal fee, before the expiry of the registration, as may be
prescribed, failing which the request may be made and the renewal fee
paid within such further period of not less than six months as may be
prescribed in which case an additional renewal fee shall be paid
within that period.
(4) Renewal shall take effect from the expiry of the
(5) Except at the time of first renewal, the Registrar
may require that request for renewal be accompanied with evidence of
use of the trade mark in Pakistan.
(6) If the registration is not renewed in accordance
with the provisions of this section, the Registrar shall remove the
trade mark from the Register.
Provided that the Registrar may restore the
registration of a trade mark which has been removed from the Register,
subject to such conditions, if any, as may be prescribed.
(7) The renewal or restoration of the registration of
a trade mark shall be published in the Journal.