Divorce Family Law

Preparation of Divorce papers in Karachi Pakistan

If Husband is seeking to give divorce to his wife or on the other hand if a wife is seeking to exercise her delegated right of divorce in her nikhanama, then Divorce papers are prepared by the Lawyers. If both parties agree to divorce each other then a mutual divorce deed is prepared, whereas it is commonly one sided. We provide legal services in major cities of Pakistan i.e. Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, Hyderabad and Thatta.

A Divorce Deed is prepared wherein a brief history of marriage and child description is narrated, which is supplemented with terms and conditions of divorce if any. It is also mentioned that the amount of Haq Meher is returned by way of a cheque/ Pay order and the same is tendered along with original Divorce Papers. The Divorce Deed is couriered to the recipient and it is ensured that the same is received.

A Copy of the Divorce Deed along with copy of the cheque and delivery receipt of the courier is submitted before the concerned union council which upon receiving application will issue notices to the parties for reconciliation.  The Applicant can appoint their lawyer to appear on their behalf who will attend hearing for reconciliation. If reconciliation fails then the concerned union council issues divorce certificate.

What we can do online for you?

  • Draft Divorce Deed as per Pakistani Laws.
  • Acknowledgement of Service of Divorce Deed.
  • Application to the Concerned Union Council for registration of Divorce Deed .
  • Representation before the Union Council for Confirmation of Divorce.
  • Obtaining Confirmation of registration of Divorce from the Union Council.

Should our clients opt for negotiation, we shall effectively negotiate on their behalf and aim for alternative dispute resolution avoiding lengthy litigation in court in Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, Hyderabad and Thatta.

Please note that our Professional Fees is based on the number of hours involved in prepared and contesting your work. However we will give you an estimate of our Professional Fees.


Please Contact Us for detailed consultation.

Regular Website:



Submit Your Query For a Legal Advice

For rapid response you can also submit your Query at WhatsApp on +92 321 205 7582 For a Legal Advice
Law Firm in Pakistan dealing with Civil Litigation, Commercial, Intellectual Property, Real Estate and Family Laws of Pakistan.
E-26, Glass Tower, Clifton
Karachi, Sindh
Phone: +92 321 205 7582

Submit Your Query For a Legal Advice

Family Law

Changing of last name after the marriage

Changing of last name after the marriage

When you marry, you are free to keep your own family name or take your husband’s name, Give some careful thought to what name feels best for you. You can save yourself considerable time and trouble by making sure you are happy with your choice of name before you change any records. The name changing method is so simple. You have to take your nikahnama (Marriage Certificate) and your old original CNIC with the father name and go to the NADRA office. You will be issued new CNIC with your new family name and husband name instead of father name. And after the CNIC you can get your new passport also.

Changing of last name after the Divorce
The same procedure you have to adopt for changing your name and getting your CNIC & passport with your father name after your divorce. When you get divorce / Khulla from the court or your husband pronounce you divorce then it will be mandatory for you to change your name and have to get new CNIC and Passport with your old name and with your father name. For this you have to visit NADRA office for CNIC and Passport office for Passport along with court decree of divorce / divorce deed and NADRA confirmation certificate that you have got divorce or divorce has been given to you.

Changing of name in other cases
In other cases if you want to change your child name before 18 years/age of majority that will be easy. You have to give the affidavit and get new birth certificate and in this way you can also change your child name in the educational institutions. But after the age of 18 years it will be very difficult to change the name without any cogent reason. However if you have sufficient prove that the name has been written wrong then you can change your name but for this you have to file suit in the court. And upon the court decree you will be able to change the name in the relevant Govt. records. You may also apply the interior ministry for the changing the name and if the satisfy then it will be published in the official gazette.